Panasonic has finally announced its much-awaited ruggedized entry into the tablet market, the Android™-powered Toughpad™. As of now, the Toughpad™ A1 is schedule for release in early 2012, with a second, smaller model – the Toughpad™ B1 – coming out in Fall 2012.
The Toughpad™ A1 primary features are;
- 10.1″ daylight-readable multi touch + digitizer screen
- All-weather dust and water-resistant design
- Embedded hardware security for FIPS 140-2 compliance
- GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, optional 4G or 3G mobile broadband
- Wi-Fi hotspot router supports up to 5 devices
- 3-year warranty with business class support