As your valued wireless connectivity partner, USAT Corp. is reaching out to remind you of some important dates and to apprise our clientele of some new product offerings. As difficult as it is to believe, 2015 is drawing to a close and Q4 procurements must be executed now. Below find some important dates for Sierra Wireless users and information about some new product launches of note for Cradlepoint users.
Q4-END-OF YEAR ORDERS
- To ensure delivery during this fiscal year, purchase orders for the following brands of wireless network devices must be placed no later than November 13th.
- Sierra Wireless AirLink
SIERRA WIRELESS AIRLINK–IMPORTANT UPCOMING SUNSET DATE-GX440
- It is the last call for Airlink GX440s. Last purchase date will be Dec. 31, 2015. Last shipment date (for blanket/phased purchase orders) will be June 2016. Find the original GX440 EOL notice from July 2015 published here.
SIERRA WIRELESS AIRLINK–NEW PRODUCT SOON TO BE ANNOUNCED–VERY LOW POWER DRAW
- Later this month Sierra Wireless AirLink will publicly launch a new wireless gateway that has been engineered for low power draw applications. More info will be shared by USAT after the public launch in November. If you have an application that requires very low power draw, please reply to this email, as USAT is currently actively filling demonstration unit orders for the new device for our clientele.
CRADLEPOINT–TWO NEW PRODUCTS LAUNCHES–ONE FOR THE ENTERPRISE & ONE FOR MOBILITY
- Cradlepoint is targeting retail and SMB with the launch of the AER1600 edge router. The AER1600, available both with and without WiFi, is envisioned for micro-branches and temporary deployments (like store grand openings) and joins the AER2100 and AER3100 to complete a trio of routers with advanced security offerings. What do you do when Comcast or Time Warner Cable Business Class misses their own installation date for the third time? Deploy the AER1600.
- CradlePoint has doubled down on their mobility product, the IBR1100 mobile access point, by creating a rugged “back-pack”-style second modem that expands the platform’s capabilities with additional bandwidth or failover capability across multiple carriers. More information about the dual-modem dock for the COR IBR1100-series routers can be viewed here.
Do not hesitate to reach out directly to your USAT Corp. account manager or reply to this email if you have specific questions regarding these industry news items. We look forward to closing down the 4th quarter with your wireless needs counted and covered.